The Edmonton Section of the ACC is hosting an open-door Trip Coordinator Orientation and Trip Planning session for members and the public. This event is geared towards current and aspiring volunteers interested in the following topics:
- Coordinating and co-leading trips in Spring/Summer/Fall 2017
- Mentorship opportunities
- Updated guidelines and section policies regarding first aid training
- Trip management (planning, communications, and waiver administration)
- How to submit a trip or event
- Booking section equipment for your trip
- Benefits for volunteers (e.g. course subsidies, advanced booking at ACC huts, pro deals)
- Volunteer opportunities such as assisting on section courses and urban events
- Open discussion (questions, feedback, interest in courses, etc)
There will be a presentation followed by an open discussion. This is a great opportunity to talk to other experienced coordinators and to plan your next trip, so bring your trip ideas, maps, and stoke!
The McKernan Community Hall is located at the corner of 114 St. and 78 Ave (click for MAP), only 2 blocks from the Mckernan-Belgravia LRT Station and with ample parking on site as well as along 78 ave. If driving, access to the Hall is from 114 St (northbound only) at 78 Ave, or directly from 78 Ave (westbound).