APRIL 22/23, 2017
Join us for a weekend of reviewing Basic 3 & 4 person rope travel including reviewing different anchor systems, you get to put on garbage bags, slide down the hill and practice ice axe arrest. Experience every position on rope travel. This is part of our 'Summer in the Mountains' course but it's available to all club members.
Come for the weekend and participate in the 'Crevasse Rescue' practice or come for the camping and do your own thing during the day.
Please REGISTER in order to attend.
COST $60 Includes Friday & Saturday camping at Kootenay Plains.
- climbing helmet
- climbing harness
- belay device (ATC), with minimum 3 2 step locking carabiners and one 3 step locking carabiner
- boots suitable for travelling in snow
- mountaineering ice-axe suitable for glacier travel
- clothing suitable to spend a full winter day outside
- backpack to carry your gear, lunch, water, and some group equipment. Minimum 25L+ pack recommended.
- one set Purcell Prussiks (tied from10m of 7 mm prussik cord in class
- one 120 cm sewn nylon sling
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org