The ACC's Edmonton Section and Sundance Ski Shop's Edmonton Ski Touring Crew are teaming up this winter to bring you mid-week ski touring events at the Edmonton Ski Club!
Whether you are new to the sport, are looking to try out some new gear, or if you are looking to do some fitness training, these events are perfect for you! Our season is getting started at the Edmonton Ski Club on select Monday nights. Ski touring evenings will run from 7 pm to 9 pm with volunteers on hand to help you out. Sundance may bring demo skis and bindings to some events for you to try!
Monday Night Details
Dates for the fall/winter of 2016-2017 are:
- December 19
- January 9, 16, 23, 30
- February 6, 13, 20, 27
- March 6, 13
Join ACC volunteers at 7 PM at the bottom of the T-Bar. We'll lap this run (the largest vertical available) for as long as our legs last (or until 9 PM). See the below image for our meeting location and where to park!
No skis? No problem! MEC has graciously stepped up and is providing discounted rentals for use on Monday nights! For only $20, you can rent a complete alpine touring ski package (skis, boots, skins, poles)! Thank you to MEC for providing this! If you are interested in renting equipment, here are the details:
- You must be a MEC member in order to rent equipment. A lifetime MEC membership costs $5.
- A discount voucher must be presented when picking up the equipment. The ACC has a bunch of vouchers to give out! To obtain a voucher, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Equipment can be picked up as early as 3:00 pm on the Sunday prior to a ski touring night.
- Equipment must be returned no later than 1:00 pm on the Tuesday following a ski touring night; returning equipment later may incur extra fees.
Monday nights are free for ACC, Edmonton Ski Club & UAOC members. Non-members are $10.
If you are an ACC member, please bring one of the following proofs of membership:
- Membership Card
- Email Receipt from the ACC for your membership (can bring on a smartphone or hard-copy)
- ESC or UAOC membership card
The Fine Print
All participants in Monday night events will be required to read, understand and sign the ACC Trip Waiver (follow this link to read it!). If you are planning to bring minors (children under the age of 18) to these events, please read through this document.