Old Strathcona Community Hall
10139-87 Ave NW
Please RSVP by clicking here!
$15 & Includes 2 drink tickets
- free for active trip leaders
Dinner will be served at 5:30 PM
(Doors open at 4:30 - help set up & get free dinner & 2 drink tickets)
A. Summer Mountain Activity-Rock climbing, scrambling, hiking, summer mountaineering.
B. Winter Mountain Activity- Skiing, snowshoeing, Ice climbing, winter mountaineering.
C. Summer Mountain Landscape
D. Winter Mountain Landscape
E. Mountain Flora and Fauna
F. Mountain legacy (pictures of kids in the mountains, ACC huts, group activity in the mountains)
G .Experimental (Few examples HDR, stitching, collages panoramas, etc.)
H. Mountain Humor
I. Photo Essay- (3-4 pictures that tell a story, message or have a common theme in the mountains)
J. Video. (2-3 minutes length,720p/1080i max and not HD format)
K. Young photographer under 16- (Encourage our young club members to submit pictures of how they see the mountains)
L. Night photography
Photo Contest Rules:
1. Entries not following the Contest Rules will not be considered for judging.
2. Entries must be received by our deadline. (Saturday, November 19).
NOTE: There will be no extensions, judging taking place Nov 20.
3. Entries are to be digital images which are submitted in jpg format sent through email to email@example.com or download directly into Dropbox.
Contact Lil at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to submit on disk.
4. Entries are to be marked with the Category letter (followed by a space), title (followed by a space) and owner's ACC number e.g., D Mountain Beauty 12345.jpg.
5. Entries must have been taken by a paid up member of the Edmonton Section.
6. Entries must not have won a prize in a previous Edmonton Section competition.
8. No more than three (3) photos may be entered, per member, in each category. Enter as many categories as you like.
9. Pictures from any alpine area in the world may be entered.
10. For digital images: content (composition) alteration is not acceptable; cropping is permitted; tonal or color corrections are acceptable, including black and white conversions.
11. All entries must have a minimum digital resolution of 1024x768 pixels.